Pages

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Have you had your first Holy Communion lesson?

On Sunday the 22th of May, I went to Holy Communion Lesson at St Patrick’s Church. Our teacher was Mrs Ana Tui.  

We learnt about the Mystery of the Holy Trinity which is all about God in three different persons - The Father, The Son and The Holy spirit. After that we had to turn to the person next to us and showed them our work from last week about what happened on Pentecost Sunday when the Holy Spirit descended  upon the disciples and they started speaking in different languages.

Image result for holy communionI turned to Mana and showed my work to her. It was about the disciples gathered together in  a big house waiting for the holy spirit  the suddenly they heard a strange noise and they saw fire resting on their shoulders and they felt frightened. Then it was Mana’s turn to show me her work. Her one was about a very special time in the Bible when the disciples were able to convert people to become followers of Christ. 3000 Christians received the Holy Spirit in one day after Pentecost.

Finally we finished sharing our work with our partners. We sang a song called, “Jesus, in my life I See” and we finished the session with a prayer.

My favourite part was singing the song before home time.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a weekend recount.

Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write a title, followed by the events and then a conclusion of my Holy Communion lesson at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment