Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2016

I've got my very first badge!

On Monday after school Folau, Launoa and I went to the Glen brae school hall at Glen Innes. It was very warm inside the hall because the heater was on and it was a big hall. This is where we have been completing our first aid course.
Image result for st. john first aid
When the Glen Innes S.t John students arrived, we had to wait for Mt Wellington, Meadow-bank and Orakei St. John students to arrive when everyone was there the captain of Mt Wellington St. John told us to quieten down. After that , he yelled out to us and said said " Division stander E " so we all stopped to listen  to him. He said "Eyes front" so we all looked at the front to listen to Joejoe's speech. Division stander E is when we have to stomp our feets together and put our hands behind our back on the same time. Eyes front is an instruction for us to face the front and put your arms down beside your hips with your legs together.

After that she handed out certificates and badges to people who have worked very hard. After that the people got their certificates. The captain of Mt wellington  captain said "Eyes front" we all faced he front and then he shouted to us Division dismissed"

After that my brother, my sister and I went back home with my dad so we can get some sleep for school the next day.

My favourite part was when I got my certificate and my first badge.


Learning Intention: We are learning to follow the structure of a recount.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write the orientation, followed by the events and a conclusion about attending the first aid course with St. John.

No comments:

Post a Comment