Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2016

I miss my uncle!

On Sunday the 12th of June, my aunts, uncle and I went to Auckland south corrections facility prison to see my uncle. It was a very long drive because we drove from East Auckland and South Auckland. It took us three hours to get there.

Image result for auckland south corrections facilityWhen we got there, I saw two security guards guarding the door and another two security guards standing on the road leading us to the car parking. All the security guards were armed and wearing protection. They told us to stop because they needed to check the inside of the car, because they thought we might have been hiding a weapon. They checked everywhere but they didn't find anything because we had nothing to hide.

Soon we were in the clear. We quickly moved and parked the car. Soon we went inside the building and we waited until four o'clock because that was our meeting time.

Soon after four o'clock, a woman came and announced on the microphone and said, "The four o'clock people, can you please follow this woman to the scanner." So we followed the woman to the scanner and the security guards scanned us and checked to see if we had weapons.

Once the scan had finished, we all walked to another building and sat down at a table. Once we sat down, I saw my uncle walk towards us from another room. I ran to him and hugged him as soon as I saw him.

Then we sat down talked with my uncle. My uncle asked us if we could go to the kids room so that he could have a private conversation with my aunty. When we joined them again, it was time for us to go back so we all gave him a big hug.


I'm really happy that I had the opportunity to visit my uncle because I really miss him. My favourite part of the visit was hugging my uncle.


Learning intention: We are learning to follow the correct structure of a recount. 
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write a title, followed by the events then a conclusion of going to my uncle in prison.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Soane,
    I really hope your uncle gets out so that you could spend much time with him.
    Keep it Up.

    ReplyDelete