Pages

Sunday 27 November 2016

That was a long drive!

On Sunday the 19th of November, my aunts, uncle and I went to Spring Hill Corrections Facility at Hampton Down rd, Te kauwhata to see my uncle Sam.

It was a very long drive because it took us three hours to get there.

When we got there, I saw two security guards guarding the door and another two security guards standing on the road leading us to the car parking. All the security guards were armed and wearing protection. They told us to stop because they needed to check us and the car in case we were hiding weapons.

Soon, they told us that we were in the clear so we quickly moved and parked the car. Soon we went inside the building but we had to wait until four o'clock because that was our meeting time.

Soon after four o'clock, a woman came and announced on the microphone, "The four o'clock people, can you please follow this woman to the scanner." So we followed the woman to the scanner and the security guards scanned us to see if we had weapons.

Once the scan had finished, we all walked to another building and sat down at a table. Once we sat down, I saw my uncle walking towards us from another room. I ran to him and gave him a big hug.

Then we sat down and chatted with my uncle. My uncle asked us if we could go to the kids room so that he could have a private conversation with my aunty. When we joined them again, it was time for us to go so we all gave him a big hug.


My favourite part is when giving my uncle hugs a great big hug.

Learning Intention: We are learning to use descriptive language in our recount.
Success Criteria: I know I can do when I use action verbs to describe my visit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment