Pages

Saturday 2 April 2016

Has a coach ever told you to go and play for a rugby club?

On Friday the 1st of April, my class went to play Rippa Rugby on the field. Our coach is called Hamish and he is a coach for the Marist Rugby Club.



When we were about to start the game, coach Hamish told us to put on the Velcro belts and two rippas on either side of our hips. After we put them on, we went into a marked boundary and played a game where we had to try and rip the rippas off our classmates.  After we spread out in the marked area, coach Hamish said, “You guys have to steal a person's rippas but only one.” After that, coach Hamish blew the whistle to start the game. We played several rounds.


After we played all the games, I felt really tired because I was running around a lot. When I took off my Velcro belt and the rippas, Coach Hamish asked me, “Do you play rugby?” I told him, “No” so he said to me,
“You should come and play for Marist.”
so I replied, “Yes.”

I had a great time playing Rippa Rugby and I think I will talk to my parents about joining the Marist Rugby Club.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount using the correct structure.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write an introduction, followed by the events and then a conclusion about our first Rippa Rugby session.

No comments:

Post a Comment